Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Artist Statement and The Little Guys....



Today I thought I would give some insight as to my artistic process and who I am as a person. So, here is my artist statement. I hope it gives you some insight into my personality and my art.
Artist Statement

I have enjoyed making art in some form my whole life. I believe art allows us to say the unsaid and is a vehicle for expressing the world of unbridled emotions that we all have in the deepest part of our being. Art for me is about expressing emotions rather than realistic and fully formed ideas. Art has always been a way for me to express myself and to allow others to see my subconscious emotions and thoughts a little more. As an artist I strive to show and express emotions such as depression, anger, torment, rage, and despair all of which occur in my subconscious mind and erupt onto the paper or canvas.

My drawings and paintings are mostly non-objective in nature and seek to express subconscious emotions. I am not aware of my emotions most of the time and have trouble expressing my emotions verbally, for I have Asperger’s syndrome, which is an autism spectrum disorder. I believe that my paintings reveal how I am truly feeling inside and help me to deal with my emotions better. My paintings express, I believe, the battle of emotions that goes on inside each and everyone of us whether we are aware of it or not. As a person with Asperger’s syndrome I struggle with depression and melt downs both of which are eased by the simple act of painting. Painting is my therapy and my life and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Also, I have been painting up a storm lately, so here our two of my little pieces I've been working on for an upcoming art yard sale.
Close up detail of "Caught"
  Copyright 2012 Miriam Morrissette
"Caught" 4in x 4in acylic on canvas Copyright 2012 Miriam Morrissette

" The Shelter" 4in x 4in acylic on canvas Copyright 2012 Miriam Morrissette

" The Shelter" Close up detail 4in x 4in acylic on canvas Copyright 2012 Miriam Morrissette

 Both of them as a set. Don't They look nice.
 4in x 4in acylic on canvas Copyright 2012 Miriam Morrissette

No comments:

Post a Comment